We are pleased to introduce the new model of the AyrMesh Receiver. This new model represents a significant improvement on the older model while maintaining complete compatibility with previous AyrMesh products. This product combines the proven software from our previous model AyrMesh Receiver with new, more capable hardware. The new AyrMesh Receiver is a bit larger than the old model, and offers several new features:
- Bigger, stronger antenna for more solid links
- Mounting tabs on the back for mounting to poles or flat surfaces
- “Extra” external Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port on the Receiver for connecting external PoE devices like Cameras
- Standard 48V power injector/power supply so standard 802.3af devices can use the external PoE port
The ability to mount the Receiver on a flat surface (without additional hardware) is a feature that many users requested over the years, and the ability to add an outdoor PoE device will, we think, enable our customers to enhance security and operational awareness.
Overall, the new Receiver represents a significant improvement over the old model. While the old models will continue to work perfectly, you might want to consider replacing an older Receiver with the new Receiver if:
- It is in a marginal location, where it is just getting enough signal to make the link – the new Receiver’s more powerful antennas can help; or
- You want to have an external PoE device – like an outdoor PoE IP camera, connected to the Receiver.
As always, we welcome your thoughts, questions, and comments.